The following describes how to import data from Decipher into Crunch:
- Find the Decipher API Key. See Decipher's documentation for further information.
At the time this article was written, you need to enable Early Access in Crunch. This step may no longer be necessary when the Importer is released.
- Go to New Dataset to add a new dataset.
- Select Decipher as the source of your import.
- Enter the Decipher API Key and Company Name (or subdomain, as noted below).
- Select the Decipher survey you want to import.
The following provides additional information about the steps described in the previous section.
Seeing the Decipher importer in Crunch
You should see the Decipher importer. If you do not, you need to enable Early Access:
Finding your company/domain name
If your Decipher login is domainname.decipherinc.com, then you must provide domainname instead for your company name.
For example, if your login is crunch-io.decipherinc.com, then "crunch-io" is your company name.
In your Decipher account, a user only needs the "View Only with Data" permission level in order to enable Crunch to import survey data from Decipher.
Any attempts to edit with the API key from this account's API key should respond with a 403 Error, as per Decipher's documentation.
For more technical API documentation (for advanced users), see the following article: