Please note that Crunch will deprecate teams and team-based user management in 2023.
Please see the Folder Sharing article for the latest information.
To create a team:
- In the top-right corner, open the 3-dots menu and select “Teams”.
- Click the small + icon to open the “New Team” panel
- Give the team a name. The UI will automatically append “Team” on to the end, so don’t be tempted to include “team” in the name
- Copy and paste the users’ email addresses in to the “Add members” field.
- Keep “Notify new members” unchecked. There’s no need to alert users to them being put in a team.
- Click “Save”.
- Navigate to the dataset that you'd like those members to access.
- Choose “Share” from the 3-dots menu in the top right.
- In the “User’s name or email address” field, type the name of the team you’ve just created, and select it from the dropdown list.
- It's up to you whether to select “Send email notifications”. Keep all other settings as per the defaults.
- Click “Share”.
That will have (a) created the team and (b) shared the dataset with the team rather than just at the individual user level. These are both necessary for sharing to work. In the case of Profiles datasets, the automatic copying of permissions and settings from one dataset to the next should mean that you only need to do this for the latest dataset and all future ones should have that team-level permission set upon creation.
Once the team exists, you can just do steps 7-11 to add further datasets, and they will automatically be available to all members of that team. One of the big advantages of this approach is that if a user leaves that company, you can simply remove them from the team and they lose access to all of the datasets that were shared with them this way.
- The person who created the team is automatically added to the team and is also an admin of that team (regular users are not admins). At least one person at your organization must be able to be the admin.
- If you want to leave a team you've created, you'll need to make another eligible user an admin and then you can remove yourself.
- If you need to make a team but you don’t have the “Teams” menu option, let your colleagues know and one or more of them should be able to add you to the permissions group.