Creating a top 2 box (or other top or bottom box) can be done with sub-totals on a variable.
But if you have a categorical array, you may be looking to make a top 2 box variable. That is, you only want to consider the proportions within a categorical array that belong to certain category/categories... so in doing so, you want the categorical array to become a multiple response variable.
- Soon in Crunch, this will be a one-button solution. Follow this page to keep up to date for this release.
- In the meantime, we have a workaround solution you can follow for the web app.
- There are more automatic ways to achieve this with R. If you don't want to use R, you need to follow the process below in the web app.
How to make a top 2 box multiple response variable in the web app
- Make a variable from a categorical array using the Filter Builder. Do this for one subvariable only (that is, one category/row in the array). Make sure you click Save as Variable.
- Repeat step 1 above for each sub-variable
- Create a multiple response variable from the variables made at step 2.