Datasets in Crunch are organized into folders. The top level folder is All Datasets. Data owners can grant access to a folder to allow you access to all contents of that folder, including datasets and other folders (which may themselves contain additional folders).
Use the header at the top of the screen to quickly navigate up the hierarchy. Multiple levels may be collapsed into a folder icon – click it to open a dropdown to select one of the collapsed levels.
The top-level All Datasets folder may contain either or both of two special folders, Personal, and Shared with Me. These folders will be pinned to the top of the list.
The Personal folder will only appear if you have permission to import data. It contains all datasets that you have imported that you have not moved into another folder.
The Shared with Me folder contains all datasets that have been shared with you directly when you do not have access to the folder that contains them.
If you are a data owner, see Organizing Datasets for information on how to create folders and move datasets between them.
Sorting the Dataset list
Click a column header to sort the dataset list by that column.
Right click the header area to open a dropdown from which you can select which columns will be shown:
The available columns are:
- Name - The dataset name. Always enabled.
- Start Date/End Date - The start and end dates for survey-based datasets.
- Created - The date the dataset was created.
- Modified - The date the dataset was last edited.
- Accessed - The date that you last accessed the dataset. Searching by the column is a quick way to find a dataset you were working on recently.
- Owner - The user or project to which the dataset belongs.. This column is only available in Personal Project (datasets in a project are owned by that project).