Different users have different levels of access to Crunch features. The higher levels have access to all the areas of the lower levels, as illustrated in the diagram below.
Use permissions work hierarchically, such that anyone with Admin level rights has all the Editor rights, and Editors have all Viewer rights.
The following explains in essence the role and powers of each access level
- Viewers - can create anything* personal in the dataset (*except dashboards, but this is changing soon) and share folders with anyone (unless restricted).
- Editors - can create anything public in the dataset (including uploading datasets). They can also modify folder settings such as templates and branding.
- Admins - can suspend users and also set organizational template defaults (colors, logos, and so on).
Users will always have Editor rights to any datasets saved in their Personal Folder regardless of their permission.
Crunch intends to implement a new and improved system of user permission management, which includes:
- Viewers are able to make dashboards, and as many dashboards as they want, in the same way they can make decks.
- More granular levels of permissions.
- Separating administrative rights (such as sharing folders) from editing rights (such as modifying/uploading datasets).
The following is a summary of what the Viewer and Editors can do (Editors can do everything Viewers can do).
|Viewer-Level Access||Editor-Level Access|
| View & Search
1Multitables are also referred to as tabs, banners, or cross breaks.
3Add variables and cases.
Functionality by User Type
|Functionality||Viewer-Level Access||Editor-Level Access|
|View & Search|
|Change currently applied weight||✓||✓|
|Copy a dataset||✓|
|Edit existing datasets they have access to||✓|
|Rename and organize variables||✓|
|Save analyses to a deck||✓||✓|
|Create crosstabs and graphs||✓||✓|
|Create personal variables||✓||✓|
|Create and publish draft||✓|
|Create and restore savepoints||✓|
|Create public variables||✓|
|Export datasets and dashboards||✓||✓|
|Export datasets to CSV or SPSS||✓||✓|
|Share filters and multitables with the whole dataset||✓||✓|
|Share filters, multitables, and decks with the team||✓||✓|