You’ll need to set up an account in order to access a Crunch dataset. Creating a Crunch.io account is simple, and the following steps describe how to do this.
Step one: Gaining access to a Crunch dataset
Someone from your company/client can:
- Share a folder with you
- Add you to a team, or
- An admin from your company can create a user account for you.
Step two: Receiving an email notification from Crunch
After your company/client adds your email address to a dataset, folder, or team, your email address becomes registered with Crunch.io. An email is then sent to you with further information on how to log in and set up a Crunch account.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org if your company/client selected “Send email notification” when adding you.
- You will not receive an email notification if:
- The sender didn’t select “Send email notification.” Your email address will still get registered at Crunch.io and you can set up a password by signing in to Crunch.
- The sender mistyped your email address. The sender will need to check the “Members” page to verify, delete the incorrect user, and then reshare if confirmed.
- Your IT team might have blocked unknown domains for security reasons or you received the invitation email into your "Spam" folder. In this scenario, please have your IT team whitelist email@example.com.
Step three: Setting up a password
Once you have received the invitation email, click on the blue button (“Sign In” or “Open Dataset”) in the email. This blue button contains the password reset token, which will take you directly to the 'set up a password' page (only for the first time). This token is valid for 24 hours.
If the sender provided the correct email address and you haven’t received the invitation email, or the token expired, you still can set up a password by signing in to Crunch.
Step four: Logging in
Once you have set up a password, you are ready to sign in to Crunch and access the datasets.