Crunch exposes a REST API for third parties, and indeed its own UI, to manage datasets. This API is also used by the Python and R libraries. This User Guide is for developers who are writing applications on top of the Crunch REST API, with or without those language bindings. It describes the existing interfaces for the current version and attempts to provide context and examples to guide development.
These developer documents are organized in various sections, which provide higher-level vignettes that illustrate key features. It also includes information about object references, which defines the building blocks of the Crunch platform, such as values, columns, types, variables, and datasets.
You can also refer to the Crunch API Reference docs, which provides the latest information on all the individual URIs in detail as well as the ability to test various Crunch endpoints.
The following describes the various developer guides within this knowledge base.
- API Keys — Become authenticated quickly using API keys, as nearly all interactions with the Crunch API need to be authenticated.
- Password Policy — Learn more about setting a password in Crunch.
- API Conventions and API Response Envelopes — Provides comprehensive information on how to interact with the Crunch API.
- Integration with Third-Party APIs — Learn how to integrate a third-party application, such as Decipher.
- Working with Data and Datasets — Includes detailed information on how to import data, append data, combine datasets, and much more.
- Working with Variables — At the heart of any good dataset are good variables and good variable usage, since they are used prolifically to assign values within your important functions. This article talks specifically about how to derive variables and how to use array variables in Crunch.
- Working with Geodata — Learn more about how to work with features in a FeatureCollection of geojson or topojson.
- Multidimensional Analysis — Gain a better understanding of how the Crunch system conducts an analysis of your data, with a deep dive into "cubes" and other three-dimensional analyses.
- Onboarding Crunch into Your Workflow — Learn more about how to integrate the crunch application with your website/portal/application for a seamless user experience. Topics include how to create seamless login, branding/white labeling, one-time passwords, and setting up an OAuth provider.
- Crunch Automation Basics and Commands — Learn more about Crunch's latest technology, including an explanation of how automation works as well as a comprehensive write-up with examples of each of the 35+ commands.
- Object Reference Articles (version 0.15) — A comprehensive overview of Crunch objects, including response types, identifiers, data values, definitions, expressions, and more.