Hiding or removing variables (columns)
This article is part of The Definitive Guide to Uploading and Preparing Data
You may not need to have every variable present in a dataset, for example, you have system information variables that aren't useful to your analysis.
You have two options:
- Hiding variables (tucks them out of view, but you can find them again to unhide them)
- Removing variables (deletes them out of your dataset. This reduces your dataset's size)
In the web app
- Using R, there are two relevant functions: hideVariables() and deleteVariables().
- See: How to delete variables from your dataset with R
- It's also worth noting how you can move variables into folders (including hidden) with: Bulk changing the metadata of a dataset in a CSV (created and executed in R)
- ORGANIZE command - specifically, ORGANIZE INTO HIDDEN