This article is part of The Definitive Guide to Uploading and Preparing Data.
In the below image, the variable on the left is a categorical array, and the variable on the right is a 'top 2 box' summary that is derived from it. Note: the original grid on the left as subtotal which is also a 'top 2 box' column (ie: the 74% for Wyndex).
So you have a choice with 2 top boxes, you can:
- Insert a subtotal on the grid (categorical array)
- Creating a top 2 box summary variable.
In a top 2 box summary variable, you are deriving a multiple response variable that only considers certain categories from the categorical array (in this case the 'top 2 box', but it could be the bottom box or whatever you like).
In the web app
- See: Creating multiple response and categorical arrays
- See: Creating a top 2 box in the web application
- For creating 'top box' summary variables, see: How to create a new 'top 2 box' summary using R