Sharing data and dashboards
This article is part of the Definitive Guide to Importing and Preparing data.
Once you've created your dataset, you want to be able to share it with others. You want to share it with the right people, giving them access to the right content at the right time.
All sharing of information in Crunch is done via folders.
- Add members to folders.
- Members see everything in a folder, including everything subordinate to that folder.
- Structure your folders so that you can selectively share information using sub-folders (and sub-sub folders).
- For example, you can put a View in a sub-folder and clients only have access to that folder.
- Importantly, remember, that Views can be used in conjunctio
- Manage branding and templates using folder/sub-folder level.
- Logos, color palettes, PowerPoint templates all work hierarchically in the folder settings.
- Sub-folders inherit settings from higher-level folders.
- Settings in sub-folders override the inherited settings.
- This enables you to tailor the experience in a sub-folder specifically
- Set up folder homepages to further customize and tailor the user experience.
- For example, an end client only has access to a specific sub-sub-folder that has specific settings and a custom folder homepage.
Crunch Automation now supports folder-based commands (ie: that work outside of a dataset/dashboard).
See here for the Crunch Automation folder command documentation.